Suit centers on Spring shower incident
A woman is suing Centerpoint Energy Houston Electric and others for damages after, she says, she was electrocuted while taking a shower.
Sherri Judice filed a lawsuit on Feb. 11 in the Harris County District Court against Centerpoint Energy Houston Electric and others, alleging negligence.
Judice says that on Feb. 15, 2009, she was electrocuted in Spring while taking a shower because stray voltage entered her house and energized the plumbing system. According to the brief, the defendants failed to properly maintain the transformer box, causing the electrocution and her injuries.
Judice is seeking damages and court costs. She is being represented in the case by Houston attorney Shane Kadlec.
Harris County District Court Case No. 2011-09090.
This is a report on a civil lawsuit filed at the Harris County Courthouse. The details in this report come from an original complaint filed by a plaintiff. Please note, a complaint represents an accusation by a private individual, not the government. It is not an indication of guilt, and it only represents one side of the story.
Local Advertising by PaperG